3 column narrow

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Song of the Lake

I know I'm not supposed to brag, right? But it might be necessary in this case. My 11 year old granddaughter sent me a portfolio of her fifth grade poetry today and yes, a few buttons popped off. She whips these poems off as quickly as I can think about dessert. So, what could I do but share at least one with you. The Midwest has been warm this winter. It feels like spring is around the corner. So why not post a poem to get us thinking about summer? Enjoy!


Dazzling water
Constant breeze,
Whispering voices
Swaying Trees
Summer wonders
Beautiful flowers
Wonderful picture
Treetop towers
Summer fun
Water breaking
Prettiest sunset
Funnest baking
Fish dinner
Salmon plate
Poor fish
Tasty fate
Night coming
Moon awakening
Stars spectacular
Together breaking

Aren't grandchildren wonderful? Don't you just love them? I sure do!! They make the Joyful Journey of life so very joyful.

No comments:

Post a Comment