3 column narrow

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Success

"This book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it.  For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success."   Joshua 1:8

Rachel, my grand daughter who is now twelve  and was only eleven at her last posting, read my last blog, "Tomorrow" and got creative.  She whipped off the poem below and allowed that I could post it.  So here it is - straight from its young authoress!

                                                       Success


If success were in a bottle, I'd seal it up quite tight,
And take it out to have a sip, whenever I would like.
If success were in a pocket watch, I'd wind it up each day,
And I'd check the time, if I wanted success to come my way.
It success were in a nutshell, I'd crack it open wide,
And when I felt unhappy, I would take a peek inside.
If success were out my window, I'd beckon it in my house.
If success were like a cat, I'd lure it with a mouse.
If success were in my sandwich, I'd take a bite and chew.
And, if success was made of if's, this  poem would be true!

Way to go, Rach!  I loved your poem and it made me think.  That's what good writing does.

A definition of success is "the achievement of something desired, planned, or attempted." I agree with Rachel, it would be nice if we could pop it out of a bottle or take a bite and chew.  Then we'd have it!

How about spiritual success?  Joshua 1:8 tells us how to achieve spiritual success "Meditate in it day and night, (the Word of God) that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success." 

John MacArthur says, 'The principle here is central to all spiritual effort and enterprise, namely the deep understanding and application of Scripture at all times."

If this is true, why is it so hard for us Christians to sit down and read our Bibles every morning and every night so that we can do all that God has written?

Maybe God would say, "I've made the promise of My blessing as simple as Rachel's poem. Just read  My love letter to you and do what I say!"  

Spiritual success is made of if's!  "If"we will desire, plan, and attempt our quiet times with God, spiritual blessings and success will follow.  





No comments:

Post a Comment